PhD (2008), Institute for Integrated Micro&Nano System, The University of Edinburgh
BEng (Hons, 2003), School of Electronics and Electrical Engineering, Shanghai Jiao Tong University, China
Mailing address: Room 106a, Wynne-Jones Centre, Northumbria University, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE1 8ST,UK.
Phone: +44 (0)191 349 5936 Email: yifan.li AT northumbria.ac.uk
Mr Cong Wang, 2nd year PhD student in Mechanical Engineering
Email: cong.wang AT northumbria.ac.uk
MSc (2015), Electronics and Electrical Engineering, Newcastle University
MSc-Postgraduate Exchange(2014), School of Engineering, The University of Edinburgh
BEng (Hons, 2013), School of Information and Control Engineering, Liaoning Shihua(Petroleum & Chemical) University, China
*********************Representative Publications (since 2014)**********************:
12. D. Wang, N. Cheewaruangroj, Y. Li et al., Spatially configuring wrinkle pattern and multi-scale surface evolution with structural confinement, Advanced Functional Materials, in press, 2018
11. C. Wang, D. Wang, V. Kozhevnikov, B. B. Xu, and Y. Li*, Elastic Instability Induced Mechano-Responsive Luminescence for Super-Flexible Strain Sensing, IEEE Sensors, Glasgow, UK, pp. 975, Oct 2017.
10. C. Dover, Y. Li, et al., Polydimethylsiloxane (PDMS)-based microfluidic channel with integrated commercial pressure sensors, IEEE Sensors, Glasgow, UK, pp. 193, Oct 2017.
9. C. Wang, B. B. Xu, J.G. Terry, S. Smith, A.J. Walton, Y. Li*, Test Structures for Stepwise Deformation Sensing on Super-flexible Strain Sensors, 30th IEEE ICMTS, Grenoble, France, March, 2017.
8. Y. Li, D. Wang, J. Richardson, and B. Xu, Responsive Hydrogels Based Lens Structure with Configurable Focal Length for Intraocular Lens (IOLs) Application, Macromolecular Symposia, 372, pp. 127-131, 2017
7. Y.Q. Fu, J.K. Luo, N.T. Nguyen, A.J. Walton, A.J. Flewitt, X.T Zu, Y. Li, et al., Advances in piezoelectric thin films for acoustic biosensors, acoustofluidics and lab-on-chip applications, Progress in Materials Science, Vol. 89, Pages 31-91, 2017
6. Y. Liu, J.T. Luo, C. Zhao, J. Zhou, S. A. Hasan, Y. Li et al., Annealing effect on structural properties and device behavior of flexible ZnO SAW sensors based on commercial available Al foil, IEEE Trans. On Electron Devices, Vol. 63, 11, pp 4535, 2016.
5. Y. J. Guo, C Zhao, X. S. Zhou, Y. Li , X. T. Zu, D. Gibson, and Y. Q. Fu, Ultraviolet sensing based on nanostructured ZnO/Si surface acoustic wave devices, Smart Mater. Structure, Vol. 24, 125015, 2015.
4. Y. Liu, Y. Li et al., Flexible and bendable acoustofluidics based on ZnO film coated aluminium foil, Sensors and Actuators B: Chemical, Volume 221, 230-235, 2015.
3. Y.J. Guo, A.P. Dennison, Y. Li et al., Nebulization of water/glycerol droplets generated by ZnO/Si surface acoustic wave devices, Microfluids Nanofluids, Volume 19, Issue 2, 273-282, 2015.
2. Y. Li et al., Large Surface Strain Sensing Structures based on Elastic Instabilities, IEEE ICMTS 2015, Phoenix AZ, USA, 22-26 March 2015.
1. Y.J. Guo, H.B. Lv, Y. Li, et al., High frequency microfluidic performance of LiNbO3 and ZnO surface acoustic wave devices, Journal of Applied Physics, 116, 2, 024501, 2014.